12 September 2005

Runner 503

It was a huge weekend.

On top of meetings, and traveling, and eating, and exploring in Prague with my fellow teachers, I made a bold move. I decided to run a race. Along with 1300 other men, I ran the Mattoni International Grand Prix 10k race through Prague.

Never in my life have I been a runner. For sure, I've run... but I've never been "a runner."

I signed up for the race one week ago, having begun training for the event only one day earlier. My great friend, Joel... also a non-"runner," planned to run the race as well. Neither of us had any grand aspirations of placing top 10, or even top 500 for that matter. Our plan was to finish. And to do so in under an hour.

Our final time was 59:02. Out of 1300 men, I took 731st place. I feel pretty good about it.

Who knows, maybe ten months from now there will be a post about the Prague marathon? Cuz apparently I'm a runner now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home