23 September 2004

Oktoberfest Continued

During our time in Munich, Jason, Hope, Jodi and I (all ESI teachers) stayed with Hope's friend Matt, a British college students interning in Munich for the year. He was an amazing host who made our trip a whole lot easier. After a night full of missing passports, angry border guards, empty bus stations and bad phone numbers, Matt was an answer to prayer this weekend. One of many.

So Saturday was spent at Oktoberfest. You can read about it in my previous post. Sunday morning we left Matt's around 10, stopped into a German bakery... let me pause to say that German baked goods are generally life-changing... and then walked around Munich for a while. For lunch we stopped into Munich's world-renowned Hofbrauhaus brewery. Because most people in the city were participating in Oktoberfest festivities at the other end of town, it was quite easy to get a table. Sunday afternoon was spent walking, relaxing and eating. We departed at 11pm. Thankfully, the trip home was completely uneventful. By 7am Monday morning, I was in bed. The downside of all the travelling and late nights came in the form of a cold, which I have been fighting since then. Not to worry, it is getting better.

Ok, I'm done talking now.

Check out my pictures, and let me know what you think. To leave comments, click on the pencil icon in the bottom right corner. If you don't want others to read them, just shoot me an email: harveyme@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home